This job role provides support in material handling, shifting, storing and preparation of cement/concrete mortar for masonry activities at the construction site. The responsibilities also include site clearance, providing support for masonry works, carrying out mortar & cement concrete mixing and curing of structure, carrying out manual earth work and erection and dismantle of temporary scaffolding. The individual should have good knowledge about the environment, health, safety and safe working practices.
Course Outline for Mason
1. Gain insight into Helper Mason job role and its career progression:-Introduction to helper mason job role, its roles and responsibilities and its career progression.
2. Erect & Dismantle 3.6 meter of temporary scaffold: - Standard procedure for erection & dismantle of 3.6-meter temporary scaffold.
3. Identify, handle, shift and store materials, tools & equipment relevant to masonry work: - Selection, handling and use of Tools & Equipment used in masonry and their specifications. Standard procedures for efficient loading, unloading, shifting and stacking of materials.
4. Prepare cement mortar /concrete mix and carry out curing of masonry structure: - Process of preparation of cement/concrete mix for masonry works and carrying out curing of the finished structure.
5. Carry out manual earthwork at construction site: Introduction to the standard procedure of manual excavation and excavation of trench the same by using appropriate tools
6. Health, Safety & Environment:-Importance of health & safety aspect and measures to be followed at work site.